CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Brick Wall

One day later and I'm still thinking about the "brick wall" - if you have no clue what I'm talking about then read Monday's statement blog.

Why is it that so many of us continually disregard the obvious, running head on into the same brick wall time after time?! The brick wall is there-we know it,we see it,we feel the excruciating impact each time we hit it-and yet it's not enough to deter us from trying one more time to avoid it or break through it.
I have been there, and stayed there for about six long years before I realized that it was never going to change - I couldn't break through that wall. I also realized that I couldn't keep destroying myself little by little trying to.

So, the question I pose tonight is this: How do you help others who are doing the same thing to see the light before it's too late? I NEED to know the answer because it tears me apart to see people I love hurt. Knowing that the answer is there but their desperation to make it work refuses to acknowledge fact, and they plunge on into ignorance only to be hurt again and again. I want so badly to end their pain, place them back onto the road with a good map, and see them reach a better destination.

Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is a state of illusion, disregarding truth in order to avoid it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading entries that are raw and not sugarcoated or ambiguous in how they are feeling or thinking. In regards to the question you raised, the first thing that we should do is to seek Christ. To bring forth our prayers and petitions before the Lord on behalf of the one we love. This does not mean everything will get better. Just because we pray, it doesn't mean everything will fix itself. Prayer is the first stepping stone. It may help the person to truly know that our love for him or her is sincere and so is the council we give to him or her. Knowing this may help that person to see the light before he or she hits the wall. We would like to be able to control others even if it is for there own good but the fact of the matter is that each of us has our own free will. If he or she does not want to heed our advice (and hopefully it is godly advice), then the brick wall is the choice he or she makes. It is painful for us to see that person for the first time or continually to become broken by the brick walls, but sometimes it is this horrid path that one day he or she gets the revelation. Ultimately, our job is to continue praying and loving them. This is not "THE" answer to your question but I hope this helps to some degree. In love, T.P.P.

KJS said...

Sometimes hitting the brick wall hels you remember.

KJS said...

helps*

Mrs. D said...

The Brick Wall and I are dear friends!

Been there. Done that. Got the t...I mean, Got the BRUISES!